Saturday, April 28, 2007

Victoria: Pretty buildings and good pho

I took the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo. The drive down to Victoria took a couple hours. When I decided to take that route instead of the more direct Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, I thought it’d be a cool drive. Well, that would have been true if it hadn’t been RAINING!!! It’s April; I really need to quit my complaining. Victoria is a nice city. The downtown has a bunch of shops and the Empress Hotel and the Parliament buildings are beautiful. I had dinner James – a friend of Staci’s -- and his girlfriend Sheena. We went to a pho place, which is actually a healthy food that I’ve become quite the fan of.

Horseshoe Bay
The Empress hotel in Victoria, B.C.Parliament
Royal seal (I think?)
It says: "The Virtue of Prosperity is Temperance"
I can't seem to stay away from legislative buildings.
The rotunda.
Her majesty.

Her Majesty, part two.


No comments: