Thursday, April 26, 2007

Vancouver Rain

So, it has rained the entire two days I spent in Vancouver, but I suppose that's normal for this time of year. I walked around downtown yesterday and spent some quality time in the Library---which takes up an entire city square!! I suppose that tells you something about the priorities of the place. I always find it so interesting listening to Canadians. They're chatting away and sound like Americans. And then there are the particular words that take you buy surprise -- about, out, PROcess. Anyway, Vancouver seems like a very cool city. I keep imagining how beautiful it's got to look like when the sun is out. And, note to self: Granville Island Pale Ale is muy bien. Loved all of Granville Island.

Granville Island has a big indoor farmers market on it. The market is not quite as big as Pike Place Market in Seattle, but still a very nice place to wander.

Pretty flowers by Canada Place. You can kind of see the convention center in the background.
Vancouver has the second largest Chinatown in North America the city tour said (I'm guessing it's No. 2 behind San Francisco, but don't quote me.)
A cool looking steam clock in Gastown.

Vancouver Art Gallery. The aquarium in Stanley Park. I didn't go in because the line was too long---lots of people wanting to get out of the rain, I guess. And lots of children running around and screaming makes me nervous.
Stanley Park.
Pretty flowers in Stanley Park.
The Stanley Park Pavilion. So, I kind of want a house that looks like that. In my dreams, right?
Vancouver is hosting the winter Olympics in 2010--the countdown is ON!

No comments: