Thursday, March 08, 2007

This might turn into the "Friday Night Lights" blog



So, even though I was working last night and couldn't watch it live, I was really bummed this morning to find out there was no Friday Night Lights last night. Since I know one of the loyal 'Nest readers is also a fan of this fabulous show (shout out to Heid) I think I will spend quite a bit of time writing of it's wonderfulness in future posts. Hopefully, if it doesn't get cancelled.

Which brings me to ... I stumbled across the Save Friday Night Lights site, and wanted to share it with the world. You know, I've never really cared about keeping a TV show around quite this much. I actually wrote an e-mail to NBC!! (Which I'm sure will carry oh so much weight.) I guess I just think there's so much crap out there, that worthy television (even if it doesn't get high ratings) should stick around. I really think this show would get higher ratings if NBC wasn't stupid, putting it up against "American Idol." I mean, come on, Kyle Chandler (the coach) is smokin'!!! And all the players aren't bad either :-)

This is a great show. If you're not watching -- and you have the time -- or, even if you don't have the time -- you should start watching. All the episodes are available to watch for free even!!! Come on, how much easier is that?

2 comments:

Heidi F said...

You said it, sister! We need to save Kyle and his team. I think my life would be very empty without them (and, yes, I realize that is a sad commentary on the state of my life. Still, I stand by it ... and them).

jbyrdie said...

Yes, I am the same. But whatever... I don't particularly think parasocial relationships are that bad anymore...