Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cake.


Wow. That's the most comments I've ever had on a blog entry, I think. And it was about cake. So I'm thinking about making that the focus of my blog. Maybe I should change the name. "JByrdie's Nest o' Cakes" has a nice ring to it.

I went out and bought a cake last night. It was all about research, of course. I had to figure out how they make all those flowers. On the cake was this sticker. I put it up because it reminds me of a funny KU story. Lisa got up in front of 500 freshman and sophomores and told them one of her biggest pet peeves was the word "moist." So, of course, the kids tried to work "moist" into all of their papers during the semester. I don't really get it. Moist doesn't seem like too bad of a word to me.

Most of the snow has melted here and I was too lazy to go take a picture earlier. So sorry. But don't worry, I'm sure I'll see plenty more and will eventually get a picture up.

Here are some of my favorite cake-gazing links, for your pleasure:

Cakes by Sam
Cake diva
Mike's Amazing Cakes
Colette's Cakes

2 comments:

Stork on Strike! said...

So, you make the roses using rose nails. I'll show you how...someday...if you'd like. :)

I used to decorate cakes for Baskin Robbins.It was actually my dream to decorate cakes for a living... how did I end up having to defend a journalism thesis this fall? :P

jbyrdie said...

OMG. Staci, you used to be a cake decorator? You Must Teach Me. It's now my life goal, you know. You'll be fine with your thesis. It can't be near as hard as cake decorating...

I guess there are some words I don't like, and I think I'd have to agree with Heidi that crust is not a pleasant word. But cake. Cake is a beautiful word.

Yes, Lisa! Cake CAN be healthy!! I'm convinced of it... You'll have to teach me how to make spice cake sometime so I can expand my repertoire.